Saturday, December 5, 2009

Toy Train Conversion

Yet another idea from Doc M. is his use of toy O scale trains. Wow, what a boon for miniature gamers. I bought one off the internet and had a small conversion I wanted to share. I wasn't forward thinking enough to take a before shot, but toys being what they are do not alway have every element that we would like for our games. We usually overlook things because we can't beat the price. Well, in this case the train engine didn't have any room for the engineer to stand while operating the train. There was a molded cover at the very back of the engine where the batteries are inserted. I removed the battery assembly and discovered it is mostly empty space behind and plenty of room for a platform. I also looked through my junk box and found an old piece of construction equipment that had two plastic ladders that are perfect for the platform. I think it came out pretty good.


I even used the molded battery cover with the boiler dials on it.

Below is the set I purchased and when I get the whole thing painted I'll post the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment